Health & Safety Coordinator
Job no: 518042
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Retail Administration
Here at Harvey Norman we are proud to help thousands of New Zealanders every day, right across the country, choose solutions that improve their living environments! Our HR & Safety team contribute significantly to achieving this by helping keep the great people who work across our stores and warehouses safe from harm each day at work.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a detail orientated person to join our team to help ensure that our day to day health and safety practices are seamless and effective.
About our Fantastic Opportunity!
Working in our team means you’ll be welcomed into a cohesive, hardworking and fun team and take responsibility for:
- Providing first point of contact for health and safety related queries
- Coordinating our health and safety practices, including incident and injury management, safety committees; & contractor management
- Maintaining visibility of health and safety activity across the company
- Preparing and distributing health and safety communications
- Preparing and distributing monthly and ad-hoc reporting
- Maintaining documents, systems and databases
- Designing and implementing wellbeing initiatives and activities
- Assisting with HR and health and safety initiatives and projects
About Amazing You!
You’ll know this is the role for you if you have a great attitude and an optimistic outlook … If so, read on!
Naturally you will be the type of person who loves working in a team environment, taking responsibility for making sure your allocated activities happen like clockwork, and continually finding ways to improve and be more effective.
In addition you will
- Be comfortable with technology, ideally you’ll be a Word, PowerPoint and Excel whiz
- Have an advanced accuracy and detail focus
- Enjoy working with numbers and data
- Have high ‘quality’ standards
- Be highly organised and have a super-efficient working style
- Be reliable, a self-starter, focused and able to work on your own
- Want to continually improve safety and yourself!
About what’s on Offer!
In addition to the amazing team environment you’ll be joining and the varied work you’ll get to do … You will also receive a competitive salary, free car parking, access to generous staff discounts; and extensive opportunities to develop and grow while helping us to establish and maintain effective health and safety practices for the business.
We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now