Job no: 518597
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Retail Sales
Discover why Harvey Norman is one of New Zealand's leading retailers by joining our fantastic Electrical team!
Harvey Norman has a great track record of providing high quality products and outstanding customer service through friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working here provides variety and challenge, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Take your career a step further and get on the fast track!
This is a full time position in our Wairau Park store.
In this role you will:
- Manage floor operations, including floor employees, delegate tasks and ensure their completion to maintain high levels of customer service
- Assist in Electrical department merchandising, presentation, promotional displays, and correct ticketing
- Assist the Proprietor to manage and implement promotions, events and advertising
- Comply with all Company policies and Procedures and monitor employee adherence
- Manage and develop relevant employees through effective recruitment, training, coaching and performance management (as required by the Proprietor)
- Assist the Proprietor as required to ensure operations and administration of the Department is maintained including stock related queries/activities; purchase orders, credit claims etc
- Maintain strong, effective relationships with suppliers, and internal and external customers
- Manage the department in the absence of or on request of the Proprietor
- Work full time on a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays as required by the Business
The skills and experience you'll need to bring with you include:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to influence and establish rapport
- Proven sales ability with a genuine 'customer first' approach
- Numeracy skills with an ability to understand calculations such as gross profit; ability to understand sales reports and adjust selling accordingly
- The ability to cope with a busy fast paced work environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous management experience (desirable but not essential)
- Computer literate (desirable)
- Ability to think on your feet and make decisions
- Being full of energy, ambitious and confident and positive
- Be friendly, down to earth, approachable and have a good sense of humour
Apply online if you feel this is the place to be!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now