Job no: 521002
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Retail Sales
Discover why Harvey Norman is one of New Zealand's leading retailers by joining our fantastic Furniture team!
Harvey Norman has a great track record of providing high quality products and outstanding customer service through friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working here provides variety and challenge, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Take your career a step further and get on the fast track!
This is a full time position in our Hastings store.
In this role you will:
- Work with the Proprietor to set targets and to ensure the departments overall sales, gross profit and targets are reached
- Manage the department in the Proprietors absence
- Assist the Proprietor to manage and develop employees through training, coaching and performance management
- Assist the Proprietor to manage and implement promotions, events and advertising
- Have knowledge of all roles in the department and cover where required
- Ensure the operations and administration of the department is maintained – including credit claims, debtors, stock ordering, purchase orders, stock returns and more!
- Work full time including weekends and public holidays as required by the Business
The skills and experience you'll need to bring with you include:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience with managing teams or driving and maintaining high performance
- Proven sales ability
- Numeracy skills and ability to work out calculations such as gross profit
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and understand sales reports
- Great computer skills
- Ambitious and confident
- Knowledge in NZ Law in relation to retail – Fair Trading Act / Consumer Guarantees Act
- Friendly, down to earth and approachable
Apply online if you feel this is the place to be!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now