Job no: 523397
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Retail Management, Retail Administration
Step into one of NZ’s leading retail businesses by joining our Head Office AP Expenses team in Manukau. We are looking for someone with Accounts Payable experience in a medium to large company. This is a busy, fast paced role. You will be processing large volumes of invoices for our 30+ stores nationwide and complete supplier reconciliations.
Full training will be provided and with a supportive team. Your success will depend on your great organisation skills, an eye for detail, an investigative mind and the attributes listed below:
In this role you will:
- Process high volumes of invoices on a daily basis, as part of a four person team covering 30+ stores nationwide.
- Enter and audit expense invoice batches on a daily basis to ensure accuracy as per the general ledger.
- Contact stores and suppliers to follow up on any outstanding queries to ensure that credit notes and invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Actively monitor, investigate and resolve monthly debit balances, highlighting any areas of concerns with the AP Expenses Supervisor and suggesting ways to reduce future debit balances.
- Organise all files, including Excel spreadsheets, reconciliations, cheque requisitions and other documentation in accordance with Accounts Payable standard procedures.
- Complete monthly and bi-monthly reconciliations of supplier statements.
The skills and experience you’ll need to bring with you include:
- Accounts payable experience in medium to large enterprises, ideally with experience in processing high volumes of invoices.
- Experience reconciling supplier statements to a General Ledger.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly build constructive, effective relationships across the business and with external parties.
- Strong attention to detail, fast and accurate data entry skills.
- An investigative mind with the ability to problem solve.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
- High level of professionalism, dedication, flexibility and willingness to pitch-in when required.
- Good sense of humour, full of positive energy, down to earth and work well as a team member.
Get your career on the Go! Apply now!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now