Administration Assistant - 2IC
Job no: 536911
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Retail Administration
Discover why Harvey Norman is one of New Zealand's leading retailers by joining our fantastic Administration team.
Harvey Norman has a great track record of providing high quality products and outstanding customer service through friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working as part of our busy Admin department provides variety and challenge, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Take your career a step further and get on the fast track!
This is a full time position in our Manukau Supa Centa store. Standard hours are Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm.
In this role you will:
- Assist in tasks including: Creditors, debtors, expenses, banking reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, cash books, recruitment, branch transfers and monthly reporting.
- Support the Administration Manager with leading the on-site admin team, and act in the capacity of the Administration Manager in their absence
- Ensure all Goods Inwards Receipting activities and approvals are completed daily
- Complete accurate journals as needed for end of month processing
- Assist with investigation of theoretical and scheduled stocktaking
- Provide excellent customer service across the board, to our customers, employees, contractors and visitors
- Support and guide Health & Safety initiatives in store
The skills and experience you’ll need to bring with you include:
- Proven Administration experience, including processing of invoices, credits and reconciling accounts. Experience in a claims environment will be an advantage
- An eye for detail and clear understanding of numeracy functions
- The ability to lead by example, support and mentor a successful team
- Competency with computers, excel and technology
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Ability to deal with a variety of audiences of differing levels of expertise
- A level of maturity which is required to understand priorities, business needs and drivers
- To be highly organised and possess great time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn with a “can do” attitude to provide any support where required
Apply online if you feel this is the place to be!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now