Electrical Support and Operations Administrator
Job no: 537458
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Retail Sales
Discover why Harvey Norman is one of New Zealand's leading retailers by joining our fantastic Electrical team!
Harvey Norman has a great track record of providing high quality products and outstanding customer service through friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working here provides variety and challenge, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Take your career a step further and get on the fast track!
This is a full time position in our Tory Street store.
In this role you will:
- Be the admin "go-to" person!
- Manage the Proprietor's diary, answer phone calls, arrange meetings and travel requirements for staff as required; attend to Proprietor correspondence including writing letters, taking dictation and meeting minutes.
- Welcome and look after visitors, liaise with clients, suppliers and other employees,
- Advise customers of arrival of stock and organise delivery as requested by the Proprietor.
- Ensure floats balance and are ready prior to store opening and balance cash registers at the end of each day and assist customers at the cashier's desk with sales transactions when required.
- Coordinate, process and issue store gift vouchers.
- Be Health & Safety conscious as heavy lifting may be required
The skills and experience you'll need to bring with you include:
- Solid administration experience in a busy enterprise (at least 1 to 2 years proven experience)
- Extensive Customer Service experience and/or Retail Management experience (highly desirable)
- Capacity to juggle multiple tasks with a flexible, 'can-do' attitude and ability to prioritise tasks
- Great communication and interpersonal skills; understand the significance of confidentiality
- Numeracy skills with the ability to understand calculations
- Well developed computer skills with knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel is a must
- Familiarity with the Fair Trading Act and Consumer Guarantees Act (desirable)
- Being full of energy, ambitious and confident
- Approachable, down to earth and work well as a team member.
Apply online if you feel this is the place to be!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now