Discover why Harvey Norman is one of New Zealand's leading retailers by joining our fantastic Computers team!
Harvey Norman has a great track record of providing high quality products and outstanding customer service through friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working here provides variety and challenge, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Take your career a step further and get on the fast track!
This is a full time position in our Palmerston North store.
In this role you will:
· Undertake Tech2Home work performing upgrades, repairs and installations for customers, both in-store and on-site at customer premises as required. The includes, but is not limited to:
· Dismantling a laptop or desktop computer for data recovery, backup and storage upgrades
· Opening a laptop or computer to perform RAM upgrades safely
· Performing wired and wireless network installations and configurations for personal/home use
· Installing, uninstalling and troubleshooting a wide range of software programs
· Identify faults and follow up with suppliers and repair agents to ensure customers products are repaired promptly
· Advise, serve and assist customers with inquiries on technical Computer issues
· Provide outstanding customer service and build lasting relationships with your customers
· Work full time on a roster including weekends and public holidays as required by the Business.
The skills and experience you'll need to bring with you include:
· IT Qualification & Technical understanding of computers and computer products. Expertise in diagnosing and resolving software and hardware problems, and experience with installations of software, hardware and computer networks, and the repair and replacement of equipment including terminal, printers and modems.
· Up to date technical understanding of computer systems, new technologies and computers accessories.
· Ability to competently and autonomously perform upgrades, repairs and installations
· A minimum of 1 year of technical computer maintenance/diagnostic experience
· Technically savvy with the ability to solve problems quickly
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you'll be assisting customers with their queries and visiting our customers homes
· Proven retail sales experience, with strong numeracy skills and an ability to understand calculations such as gross profit
· Being customer focused with excellent customer service skills
· The ability to relate well to all types of people and build effective relationships with our customers and suppliers
· Possess a high level work ethic, professionalism, motivation and initiative, with the ability to work autonomously
· A friendly and outgoing personality
· Current, clean, full NZ driver's license with reliable own vehicle.
Apply online if you feel this is the place to be!