Customer Service/Electrical Support
Job no: 537500
Work type: Full Time
Location: New Plymouth
Categories: Retail Sales
Discover why Harvey Norman is one of New Zealand's leading retailers by joining our fantastic Electrical team!
Harvey Norman has a great track record of providing high quality products and outstanding customer service through friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working here provides variety and challenge, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Take your career a step further and get on the fast track!
This is a full time position in our New Plymouth store.
In this role you will:
- Manage operations and stock logistics for the Electrical department.
- Undertake Goods Inwards Receipting (GIR) work adhering to receiving and dispatch policies and procedures.
- Manage the after sale process on behalf of the sales team to order stock from suppliers where required. This includes generating HFM’s (generated purchase orders for customers), and ordering stock.
- Manage outstanding customer orders (undelivered orders) for the sales team, ensuring customers are kept informed in respect of delivery dates and other information. Update notes with HFM status and customer contact made, and modify HFM’s for GIR.
- Liaise with the sales team daily to manage their pending sales files, providing all relevant customer service, and updating sales and stock information.
- Review outstanding supplier purchase orders, closely monitoring aged/overdue orders, and contacting suppliers to cancel or modify the order where required. Update the ordering system to help ensure the auto replenishment and SAP stock management system accurately record what is on back order.
- Provide inbound call support, handling customer issues and enquiries relevant to stock, and in general transferring only sales calls to the salesperson team.
- Manage branch transfers.
- Manage returns and faulty products.
- Monitor Warehouse bookings.
The skills and experience you’ll need to bring with you include:
- Proven strong customer service experience.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Computer literate, with at least basic-intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, regulations and standards, e.g. Consumer Guarantees Act.
Apply online if you feel this is the place to be!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now