Job no: 537502
Work type: Full Time
Location: New Plymouth
Categories: Retail Sales
Discover why Harvey Norman is one of New Zealand's leading retailers by joining our fantastic Electrical team!
Harvey Norman has a great track record of providing high quality products and outstanding customer service through friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working here provides variety and challenge, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Take your career a step further and get on the fast track!
This is a full time position in our New Plymouth store.
In this role you will:
- Work with some of the most experienced people in the industry, building your sales career through supplied training to keep you at the forefront of product ranges and technology
- Have the potential for career advancement to management roles
- Sell the Electrical department's products and services: Home Appliances, Cookware, Whiteware, Audio Visual products such as TVs, DVD players, music systems and much, much more!
- Achieve sales, gross profit and other targets set by the Proprietor
- Provide outstanding customer service and build lasting relationships with our customers to ensure a great shopping experience
- Work full time including weekends and public holidays as required by the Business – allowing you to maximise opportunities in this base rate plus commission role.
The skills and experience you'll need to bring with you include:
- Passion for retail and all home appliances such as TVs, home theatre systems, whiteware, cooking ranges, small appliances and much more!
- Previous experience selling electrical products would be an advantage, but we are keen to provide people with a passion both for selling and our products an opportunity to join the industry, so full training is provided if needed
- An appreciation that selling is a profession – join us to grow your sales career!
- An understanding that your success is based on exceptional customer service, relationship building and solution selling skills – you want to help customers make the right buying decisions while sharing your passion for electrical products!
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to build relationships quickly
- Good numeracy skills with an ability to understand sales calculations like gross profit
- Brilliant sense of humour, positive energy and working well as a team member.
Apply online if you feel this is the place to be!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now